Oops! (Church Bulletin Bloopers)
The fun begins when people write without thinking about what they've written.
Here are some genuine examples from OTHER church bulletins around the country (never
- A bean supper will be held Saturday evening in the church basement. Music will
- A songfest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early,
and listen to our choir practice.
- Don't let worry kill you — let the church help.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good
sermon when A. B. Doe supplied our pulpit.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new
members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- Jean will be leading a weight-management series Wednesday nights. She's used the
program herself and has been growing like crazy!
- Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch
in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
- Mrs. Johnson will be entering the hospital this week for testes.
- On Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the expense of the new carpet.
All those wishing to to do something on the new carpet, come forward and get a piece of
- Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High."
- Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
- Please join us as we show our support for Amy and Alan in preparing for the girth of
their first child.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will
be used to cripple children.
- The 1991 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday:
"I Upped My Pledge — Up Yours."
- The church is glad to have with us today as our guest minister the Rev. Shirley Green,
who has Mrs. Green with him. After the service we request that all remain in the sanctuary
for the Hanging of the Greens.
- The eighth graders will be presenting Shakespeare's "Hamlet" in the church basement
on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind and they may be seen in
the basement on Friday afternoon.
- The Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back
- The Lutheran Men's group will meet at 6 p.m. Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans,
bread, and dessert will be served for a nominal feel.
- The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break
Forth Into Joy."
- The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their
electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
- The Rev. Adams spoke briefly, much to the delight of his audience.
- The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer,
the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds
will be used to cripple children.
- The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join
- The service will close with "Little Drops of Water." One of the ladies will start quietly
and the rest of the congregation will join in.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church.
Children will be baptized at both ends.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on
- Thursday night — Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Thursday, at 5:00 p.m., there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All those
wishing to become little mothers, please meet the paster in his study.
- Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk, please
- Wednesday, the Ladies' Liturgy Society will meet. Mrs. Johnson will sing "Put Me In My
Little Bed" accompanied by the Pastor.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large
double door at the side entrance.